Saturday, June 26, 2010

Converse, broken dreams and about my naivity


I have never ever ever felt able to write about what I feel about Converse. For me it is not just a shoe, it represents generations of different ambitious people that have a dream and a purpouse in life. I always thought that Converse is not a brand for all the people. That not everybody understands its meaning.
But of course I was wrong.
I dreamed about a pair of Black Hi Converse for about half a year. You know, those original Con's. And I finally got them. When I was wering them, I was feeling like nothing is impossible. At the same time I discovered Nirvana and I finally found my style and realized what I wanna do in life.
Yesterday I went (for the first time) at a Converse shop with some friends. One of them asked about what shoes do they have to fit her size and there were only two. Black Original Con's and some green ones. And she got the original Con's. And the sky felt down. For me.
My friend doesn't know the true mening of Converse. For her, they're just some shoes. Now I'm not the special one anymore. People don't know about my oppinion about Converse and about hers.
They only see that we both have the same shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment